En documentos relacionados les facilitamos la versión en pdf y en word. En enlaces, podrán acceder al texto del correo electrónico vía web.
Adjuntamos igualmente en documentos relacionados, el calendario de sesiones. Es importante enviar el correo los días previos a las sesiones plenarias. Son las fechas que están marcadas en rojo.
· Various European Union Institutions have recognized the toxic effects on health caused by the cocktail of chemicals existing in the environment.
· It has also been recognized the emergence of environmental diseases such as: Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) and the Electrohypersensitivity (EHS).
· Both diseases show a high prevalence which keeps increasing.
· The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized the potential carcinogenicity of electromagnetic waves.
· There is scientific literature in abundance which justifies the existence of both diseases.
· Spain issued on November the 30th a consensus document on MCS which recognizes the environmental nature of MCS and recommends that it should be included in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD).
· There are countries in Europe, such as Germany, Luxembourg and Austria which have already included MCS in their ICD.
· In Sweden, EHS is already considered a disability.
· There are numerous court decisions that recognize the environmental nature of these diseases.
· The WHO recognizes the sovereignty of countries to set modifications in their ICDs.
WHY IS YOUR SIGNATURE ESSENTIAL?
· Ill people exist but are not being treated equally everywhere in the European Union due to the lack of a code for each of these diseases.
· Ill patients need immediate response.
· Correct diagnoses need to be made, urgently implement palliative treatments as long as healing treatments keep not being achieved, and also more research projects need to take place on different subjects.
· Patients need to access to and receive recognition of their rights on health, labor, legal, environmental and social standards.
· The Written Declaration should result in a response to the need to allocate patients in safe environments and in housing which would be adapted for these patients. We do not currently have places to live in without health risk.
· Urgent measures for prevention should be taken. Legislation should be implemented for protection against the chemical and electromagnetic pollution, given that both factors interact in humans and are causing emerging diseases to occur.
Human being's health is extremely vulnerable
to the surrounding environment
We would be grateful if you can SIGN this Written Declaration supporting sufferers of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome and Hyperelectrosensitivity.
MEPs who author this Written Declaration:
Kriton Arsenis (S&D)
Willy Meyer (IU; GUE),
Michel Rivasi (Verdes/ALE)
Raül Romeva (ICV; Verdes/ALE)
Oreste Rossi (EFD)